Friday, April 15, 2011

Easter Egg Decor

I love when I go to parties and the kids have made the decorations.  A couple years ago- I had my niece help me do the name cards for our Thanksgiving table.  I traced her hand and turned them into turkeys.  They were SUPER cute and everyone loved them.
Here is an adjustment on this project which I love but my husband convinced me not to go empty Lowe's and Home Depot's paint department in fear I might be placed on "THE LIST"...
After putting the Easter garland together I realized this could be easily done with many of the major holidays- you would obviously have to change the color scheme.

This is what you will need:
- Water colors (one with lighter colors)
- Paint brushes
- Cup of water
- White crayon
- Egg tracer (I used this one)
- Pencil
- Scissors
- Small hole punch
- Ribbon or yarn

I first drew a line down the middle a 26 x 3 1/2 piece of paper using a white crayon.  This helps the colors stay separate (crayon resist).
My garland has only 2 colors- the kids will have a variety of colors.
The kids chose 2 colors- one for the top and one for the bottom.
I let them dry and then cut them into 2 1/2 strips (which fits the egg tracer nicely).  I got 9 eggs out of each strip.
I then traced the egg on one paper, layer the rest underneath alternating the colors (flipping the paper), stapled them and cut them out.
I put 2 hole punches in each egg and strung them onto the yarn.
SUPER CUTE, SUPER EASY, and the kids LOVED it!

No comments:

Post a Comment