Saturday, March 2, 2013

Dr. Seuss

In honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday my class spent the whole week reading his books, drawing his characters, and thinking what it would be like to be in one of his books.  I have to say I love the idea of Dr. Seuss but his books take 17 hours to read and frankly give me a headache BUT the kids love them and they were so excited!  We started the week off with a listen and draw Cat in the Hat picture.  Forgot to take pictures but found in on Pinterest...
Cat in the Hat
My Literacy Centers were taken over by Dr. Seuss as well.
- Word Work- I had a Dr. Seuss rhyme match printable and then they practiced their sight words on the back.
- Writing- They were to think what would happen if Thing 1 and Thing 2 came to their house.  Write and illustrate it.
- Listening- They listened to The Cat in the Hat and drew their favorite part.  They copy the title, label their picture and write a sentence about it on the back.

Other activities:
- My Many Colored Days
- Green Eggs and Ham
- My favorite Dr. Seuss book
- Thing 1 or 2 hand print craft
- Cat in the Hat hat (that the kiddos wore on Friday)
- Dr. Seuss book (written and illustrated by the kiddos) INSPIRATION

On Friday Natalie's preschool also celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday.  She and her cousin, who is in the same class, dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2...I found a large picture of a 'thing' printed it out- traced in on laminated paper and attached it to a headband.  Signs are self explanatory.


Thanks Dr. Seuss and Happy Birthday!

XOXO
Maggie & co.

No comments:

Post a Comment