|Cat in the Hat|
- Word Work- I had a Dr. Seuss rhyme match printable and then they practiced their sight words on the back.
- Writing- They were to think what would happen if Thing 1 and Thing 2 came to their house. Write and illustrate it.
- Listening- They listened to The Cat in the Hat and drew their favorite part. They copy the title, label their picture and write a sentence about it on the back.
- My Many Colored Days
- Green Eggs and Ham
- My favorite Dr. Seuss book
- Thing 1 or 2 hand print craft
- Cat in the Hat hat (that the kiddos wore on Friday)
- Dr. Seuss book (written and illustrated by the kiddos) INSPIRATION
On Friday Natalie's preschool also celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday. She and her cousin, who is in the same class, dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2...I found a large picture of a 'thing' printed it out- traced in on laminated paper and attached it to a headband. Signs are self explanatory.
Thanks Dr. Seuss and Happy Birthday!
Maggie & co.